Sunday, February 16, 2014

Mmmmm, potato soup.

As I sit here, the apartment is filled with a dancing aroma of potato soup. I realized after 2 hours of cooking I forgot to add the sausage and onion....oops! But all was not lost....I quickly cooked up the sausage and diced up the onion and presto...all was well in the cereal box of life I live in.

I have been finishing up some 'me' projects as I have neglected taking time to release my creativity just for the fun of it. I am one of those people who is a mix of an introvert and an extrovert. I need both to exist. Sometimes I can be too overly stimulated by socializing, that I need a break from everyone to recharge. I love people, but I love my 'me' time just as much.

I worked on my project 52 photo this weekend. I had a choice between textures and hands. I tried both and decided on a texture one, even though it didn't get as much love on FB like the hand one did. I always love the photos no one else seems to care for. I have still yet to figure out why that is. I also worked on an art journal. I have never been good at starting an art journal..I always talk about it, buy books on it--yet have always held myself back from diving into it.  We had to do something similar for one of my photography classes, but I never considered it an Art journal..it followed a series of homework projects for the class and was nothing like I had pictured in my head.

I wanted a real authentic looking journal..the kind you see in books. So I decided to give it a go. I am pretty happy with the results so far and I will continue to build on what I have learned. 

The sadness I have been dealing with is still residing deeply in my gut, even with eating healthier, exercising and creating more, it lingers. It makes an appearance unexpectedly, causing a knot to form in my throat, my stomach sickens, and my heart aches....literally. My disappointment in society grows. I see so much bitterness in people...most of them walking around in a zombie like state. I still see some good in people, but it seems the bad always outweighs the good.

I grow closer to my first Transformation goal, I already have a photo idea in mind. Can't wait to execute it. Just a few more pounds to go. :) Then it will be time to add another goal and another photo idea. :)




No matter how hard we try to protect our hearts, they still bleed.





















 This was another photo out take on a piece of glass. I love glass and someday hope to be able to take a glass blowing class to learn how to do this. The textures in this are beautiful and I love how the light plays with the translucency of  the glass.




Project 52: Week 6: Texture


I chose this photo because it reminded me of something you would see in the ocean and I love how the bristles look as if they are growing towards the light; as if they are alive.






So this is the start of my art journal. I seriously doubt it will stay in a journal format as I will probably frame each page...haha! I enjoyed doing this and really wish I had more time to do this kind of work. I do have two giant skinny canvases that I am going to do like this. I can see it in my head..just have to get it on paper now.






Until next time,
 May there be paint between your fingers, and warm soup in your belly,
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment