Sunday, March 9, 2014

A Sunday that doesn't feel like a Sunday

I told myself last night I was going to stay off of FB, take a break from social media as I feel at times it can be just too much. I think back when I was younger and there was no such thing as FB, or twitter, or Instagram.....how did we survive? I think we made more of an effort to see one another in person or call one another...now we can just check on each other through a page and a news feed. 
I have been in a dark place for quite some time. Some days are worse than others, but there is a deep rooted hole in the pit of my stomach. My creative juices are alive and bombarding me. I want to create, yet I feel paralyze on how to get what I feel tumbling inside of me out in the open. I am creating like mad, but nothing is satisfying the madness within. Something amazing needs to happen, something that makes people step back in awe. I have some big projects unfolding, but they are a work in progress. I feel time slipping away. I am too tired to keep up. 
People tell me I need some 'me' time, and while that may be true to a point, I think it is something much more and I just can't seem to figure it out. Maybe this is what insanity is like..haha! I am still plugging a long with my Project 52. I am a tad behind, but not enough to worry. I will catch up! :) Some of the themes are a bit tough to come up with a quick idea. My goal is to do something within a couple of hours...to push myself to quit over-thinking and just do. I am very detail oriented and will over think every last detail to the point of exhaustion. So this Project 52 makes do something in a short period of time and make it work.


PROJECT 52: Week 6: Red


 I originally started out with one strawberry and it didn't quite have the effect I wanted. My remote on my camera is dead so I had to hit the 2 sec timer and drop the strawberries as the shutter clicked. It took a few tries, but I made it work. I also made a mess with all the water....:)






PROJECT 52: Week 7: Landscape.






                            My love for sunsets and clouds.









Self Portrait: 2014


This is a portrait I did last Friday. I had just closed a chapter in my life and the stress was a bit overwhelming. SO I decided to do a quick shoot with just a wig and some white material and PS. Again, I am trying to train my brain to think quickly, use what I have around me and just shoot...keep shooting, keep pushing forward.... Most of you know I am an avid self portrait taker. There is something so relaxing about it. 

The other day the realization hit me that I really don't have any creative friends who live close.. I would love to go on a photo shoot with another photographer and just create together. I would love to just have someone to hangout with and be crazy with. I miss having a best friend. I have close friends, but not a best friend where I tell all secrets, spend time being stupid; knowing I can be myself, even on the days I don't love myself, that person will still love me... I miss that bond. 

I spent this past week sick, so my diet wagon tipped over, rolled down a hill and caught on fire. I ate everything in sight. I am afraid to weigh myself for fear I might throw the scale out the window. So my Transformation is burning somewhere at the bottom of a hill....I am sure I have a fire extinguisher somewhere...and maybe some glue, tape and a little paint to rebuild the wagon.....it might not be pretty, but as long as it moves that is all that matters, right?

Until next time,
crazy days, brain freezes, and a supply of wagons,
Jo 

No comments:

Post a Comment