Friday, January 11, 2013

   
 Day 1: Week 1: Transformation: 233

 How does one transformed themselves? You look in the mirror and see something that no one else does. You see something a camera can not capture. Have you ever looked at yourself in the mirror and then taken a photo of yourself? Did you notice the photo, in your mind's eye, looks different then what you see in the mirror?

 We see a face, with flaws, wrinkles, lines, marks, discolorations.....we see life, death, wisdom, laughter, sadness..we see a story unfolding day after day....if one were to write a book about your face, what would it say? How does one change their face? Change their story? I am hoping to find this out.

Wake up Little Bird.

If my face were to tell a story today, it would begin with exhaustion and end with a deep rooted sadness. There would be no happy ending. It's pretty scary to put your face out there, especially when you are feeling vulnerable and weak. You'd hope people would embrace you for who you are, but we don't live in a world like that. We are constantly trying to fit it, yet somehow keep our own identity. 

There is a reason in my Transformation Series for the distorted mixture of photos and Surrealism---and the number 233...which will be revealed later on.

A lot of times we feel out of place in society, in our relationships, and sometimes even in our own family; never thinking we are good enough. There are days we question everything about ourselves....We feel discombobulated..<--that word doesn't get used nearly enough as it should. (I have a few friends who would be proud! ;-))

Not only is the journey about transforming the outside, but transforming the inside as well... I am going to do this adventure a little differently, as it will be filled with artistic photos of myself in many different forms as well as the people who I share my life with....stay tuned. Follow a long if you would like and leave comments if you so desire..... Please remember all rude or negative comments will be deleted. 
 





Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both And be one traveler, long I stood And looked down one as far as I could To where it bent in the undergrowth;

I shall be telling this with a sigh Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.
                                                                          ~Robert Frost



        "Each of us lives in our own nightmare, and to us, at that very moment in                                    time, it is the worse dream ever." ~JOCHS
   

No comments:

Post a Comment