Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday Squishies


I love Sundays. There is something so peaceful about a Sunday. Although it is a bittersweet day, knowing Monday is right around the corner.

My head has been swimming with ideas these past few days. Sometimes I will lie awake in bed, eyes closed, and ideas will pop into the darkness. Last night a black cat made of squiggles leaped into my head. He looked at me with these big eyes and then pranced around, tail dancing in the air as if he were waiting for me to pet him. How do you pet a cat made of squiggles? LOL  He is still in my head waiting patiently for me to bring him to reality. 


  I decided to do a 52 week photo challenge.


This is very time consuming, but  helpful in getting the creative juices flowing. The first week; a self portrait. I love doing these. It has nothing to do with vanity as I hate my photo to be taken, but all about the creative process and becoming someone new. It is very cathartic. My original plan did not work, but I am happy with the results and it nails exactly how I have been feeling.



"Letting Go"

I am going through a lot of changes in my life. Many are very difficult right now. There are things I was hoping would have happen and haven't. But they are beyond my control right now. This photo represents all the pain I am feeling and watching it peel away as I deal with it. Some of it leaving open wounds. I don't expect anyone to understand or even care. Most people think I am weird and too emotionally deep for their liking. But that emotional side of me is what spurs my creativity and makes me who I am.  I also know some people are never who they claim to be. There are people who I seriously thought were friends and I realized I was wrong. This year is  all about letting go. So my photo is called, "Letting Go."

Many of you know my sister is in Afghanistan. It has been a long journey for her and she still has a long road ahead of her. I think about her often. I can't imagine being in such a place. She showed me a photo of a camel spider, it was one of the creepiest spiders I have ever seen. No, thank you! I would probably scream and pee my pants if one got close to me. haha! I am anxiously waiting for some goodies to arrive so I can send them to her. I have been storing away stuff to add to her box. It will be one of the weirdest boxes anyone has ever seen, but she is use to me and my weird ways.

I am also back on my Transformation series. It was put on the back burner last year due to health issues. I started today. The dreaded treadmill and I spent some time together this morning. I can already feel it in my legs and I didn't even push myself that hard. It's going to be a long road....haha! I made the old Grizzly Bear go with me....he growled and hid his face in his pillow, but he eventually got up. I would of sat on him if I had too. hehe. 

Next weeks photo challenge is COLOR.. Stay tuned. I have ideas. Not sure if they will work or not but that is the whole joy of the challenge. Or maybe I have really lost my mind!

Until Next time,
Squiggles and giggles,
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment